Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 22:53:05 -0600
From:      john d taylor <jdtaylor@digitalinksystems.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Error during make

BSD newbie question...

Receiving a persistent error during make operations. Getting Signal 11
Error and Error Code 1 when running make in a port. What could be
causing this and what's my recourse? I've checked the Handbook and FAQ
but have not seen anything specific to this error type. TIA.

Example:

cc: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 11
gmake [2]: *** [auth.o] Error 1
gmake [2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/databases/postgresql7/work/postgresql-7.0.2/src/backend/libpq'
gmake [1]: *** [libpq.dir] Error 2
gmake [1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/databases/postgresql7/work/postgresql-7.0.2/src/backend'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/postgresql7.
*** Error code 1

John Taylor
Technical Director
Digital Ink Systems, Ltd.