Date:      Sat, 15 Jan 2000 16:50:03 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   upgrading to 3.3-Release failed with message containedinkernel.troubles.Consider problem as URGENT (fwd)

---559023410-1804928587-947892300=:8683

---------- Re-posting---------------
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 00:25:00 +0100 (MET)
From: Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: upgrading to 3.3-Release failed with message contained
    inkernel.troubles.Consider problem as URGENT

i tried to upgrade to 3.3-RELEASE from 3.2-RELEASE.make world works
fine from /usr/src.upgrading kernel failed.I exactly wish what i was tried
to get RELEASE,not STABLE.Any help ,suggestions ,thoughts?I need it ASAIG.

kind regards,
Ariel

PS
As reason for choosing RELEASE I would like to quote Mr. Lehey's Book
"The Complete FreeBSD"about RELEASE :
on page 365 of the book

FreeBSD-RELEASE is the latest version of FreeBSD which has been released
for general use.it contains as many new features as are consistent with
stabilty. IT HAS BEEN THROUGH EXTENSIVE TESTING.

Futher using this opportunity I would suggest Mr Lehey to correct error
on page 370 of 3 edition the example with cvsup file for 2_2_5 as
concerned with ports.the right entry shoulb be

ports-all tag=.

---559023410-1804928587-947892300=:8683

bG9hZGluZyBrZXJuZWwNCmk2ODZfbWVtLm86IEluIGZ1bmN0aW9uIGBpNjg2
X21yaW5pdCc6DQovdXNyL3NyYy9zeXMvY29tcGlsZS9NWTA5MTAxOTk5S0VS
TkVMLy4uLy4uL2kzODYvaTM4Ni9pNjg2X21lbS5jOjUyNjogdW5kZWZpbmVk
IHJlZmVyZW5jZSB0byBgTV9NRU1ERVNDJw0KaTY4Nl9tZW0ubzogSW4gZnVu
Y3Rpb24gYGk2ODZfbWVtX2RydmluaXQnOg0KL3Vzci9zcmMvc3lzL2NvbXBp
bGUvTVkwOTEwMTk5OUtFUk5FTC8uLi8uLi9pMzg2L2kzODYvaTY4Nl9tZW0u
YygudGV4dCsweGU3Yik6IHVuZGVmaW5lZCByZWZlcmVuY2UgdG8gYG1lbV9y
YW5nZV9zb2Z0YycNCioqKiBFcnJvciBjb2RlIDENCg==
---559023410-1804928587-947892300=:8683

KmRlZmF1bHQgdGFnPVJFTEVOR18zXzNfMF9SRUxFQVNFDQoqZGVmYXVsdCBy
ZWxlYXNlPWN2cw0KKmRlZmF1bHQgaG9zdD1jdnN1cC5kZS5GcmVlQlNELm9y
Zw0KKmRlZmF1bHQgYmFzZT0vdXNyDQoqZGVmYXVsdCBwcmVmaXg9L3Vzcg0K
KmRlZmF1bHQgZGVsZXRlDQoqZGVmYXVsdCB1c2UtcmVsLXN1ZmZpeA0KKmRl
ZmF1bHQgY29tcHJlc3MNCnNyYy1hbGwNCnBvcnRzLWFsbCB0YWc9Lg0KZG9j
LWFsbA0K
---559023410-1804928587-947892300=:8683--