Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2003 23:17:14 +0100 (MET)
From:      robert.gierzinger@gmx.at
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   USB Digital Camera + FreeBSD 5

Hi,
I have spent lots of hours on getting my Olympus C-3030Z to run under
FreeBSD 5, but unfortunately without success. As soon as I plug the USB
cable into the camera, I get the following message:

 ugen0: OLYMPU C-3030ZOOM, rev. 1.10/1.00, addr2

The command "gphoto2 -P" worked perfect under Linux (of course only with
the usb mass-storage module loaded). The camera is supported by gphoto2
and the hardware is not defect (I have tried to download the pics from
the cam on several workstations). However, under FreeBSD 5 (default
installation), gphoto2 returns the following error:

 *** Error ***
 The first byte received (0x8a) is not valid.

I couldn't find any useful resources on the net, and I hope I do not
break the rules of the ML with this (my first ;-) post. Please help me
if you know how to solve this problem or any fixes/getarounds.

Big thanks in advance,
Robert