Date:      Thu, 7 Feb 2002 17:59:35 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Lane Holcombe" <lane@joeandlane.com>
To:        "Craig Burgess" <craig@CheetahUSA.net>, "Lane Holcombe" <lane@joeandlane.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Ftp installation problems

It's a "fresh install".

I just downloaded the floppies last night and did an initial minimal
install.  I did the minimal install to make sure I could get through
our firewall.

Now that I have FreeBSD (4.5) running I want to get the whole ball of
wax.  But each time I select "Distributions" from sysinstall I get:

No such directory: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386/4.5-
RELEASE
Please check the url and try again.

As I mentioned, I am unable to find anything like a "i386" directory
under the "snapshots" directory at the site.

thanks,

lane (holcombe)
> Is this a "fresh install" (started w/ floppy) or from an existing
> installation? I just (within the past couple of hours) did a
> floppy-based FTP install of 4.5-RELEASE.
>
> craig

NeoMail - Webmail that doesn't suck... as much.
http://neomail.sourceforge.net