Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2000 23:55:31 +0100
From:      "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <karsten@rohrbach.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   MAXUSERS question, what is max MAXUSERS setting?

hiya folks

i just wondered what the maximum MAXUSERS setting for a 3.4 kernel would
be on a smp system with 512mb ram... the impact on the system structures
seems to be very... errrhh... rather complex.

any ideas? it gives me a warning if i got past 512, but what will happen
then?

/k

--
> Motto of the Electrical Engineer:
>         Working computer hardware is a lot like an erect penis: it
> stays up as long as you don't fuck with it.
http://www.webmonster.de http://www.apache.de http://www.splatterworld.de
(NIC-HDL KR433/KR11-RIPE)