Date:      Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:09:12 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Adam Nealis" <adamnealis@yahoo.co.uk>, "Graham Bentley" <gbentley@uk2.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD vs Linux

And if you have questions that aren't answered there, what then?

I am pointing this out because the process of asking questions on
the mailing list is a legitimate means of research.  Not everyone
wants to just spend the time installing it and then deciding if they
like it.  Some want to do some research first, and that involves
asking questions on the mailing list.  Framing the question as a
"is freebsd better than linux" kind of question is perfectly legitimate.
If we as the FreeBSD community cannot answer that question, then why
are we wasting our time with it?

Ted