Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:55:51 -0700
From:      "Hamell, Rick (LMCO)" <Rick.Hamell@nike.com>
To:        chat@freebsd.org, "'Bill Moran'" <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Subject:   RE: Hoping to organize some get togethers for BSD geeks

I'm on the Ultima Meetup and Ufie Meetup for Portland. It's ok, but the way
it makes money is via restraunts/pubs/coffee places putting their locations
in for a small fee. They also get a certain number of votes weighed in so
that they're guarunteed at least one meetup. So you end up getting a lot of
crappy choices sometimes. You can suggest other places, but you have to be a
paid member also. So it's a good concept, they just need to make money off
of it and that makes for some problems.

Rick