Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:20:26 -0700
From:      Adam Weinberger <adam@vectors.cx>
To:        Steve Mazerski <smazerski@yahoo.co.jp>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /cdrom for normal users?

there is no such parameter passable to mount called "users". it needs to
be removed. if you can mount it from the command line, you should make
the fstab line agree with it, and i see no reason why it wouldn't then
work.

keep in mind that in your fstab, you are attempting to mount the CDROM
onto /cdrom. on the command-line, you mounted it onto ~/cdrom. does
localuser have permissions on /cdrom? what are those permissions right
now?

so, in fstab:
/dev/acd0c	/home/localuser/cdrom	cd9660	ro,noauto 0 0

should work fine.

change permissions on /cdrom and i'd assume:
/dev/acd0c	/cdrom	cd9660	ro,noauto 0 0

should work fine.

-Adam

--