Date:      Thu, 9 Jun 2005 23:32:16 -0400
From:      Christopher Nehren <cnehren@gmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multiple handle_workitem_freeblocks calls, then a panic

I've seen the string "handle_workitem_freeblocks" coming up in the
bright white of kernel syslog messages on my desktop's console for a
while in periods of large disk IO. Now, while I was doing a -j4
buildworld on my system and trying to access a different disk, the
system started printing a lot of these messages. The kernel then
panic'd and rebooted. This transpired before I even realised what was
happening, so I couldn't get the exact panic string. The only thing on
my mind right now, which has me quite worried, is whether my disks are
dying. Can anyone please shed some light on this? I'll try to provide
any other information requested, but the system is turned off for now.