Date:      Thu, 12 Jun 2008 14:38:06 -0500
From:      Tim Daneliuk <tundra@tundraware.com>
Subject:   Rsync From FreeBSD To Windows

I have an smbfs share that mounts at boot time on a 6.3-STABLE system.
I want to rsync from a FreeBSD directory to the Windows share.  For
reasons I seem to not be able to discover, rsync insists on copying
every file, every time.   The exact command is:

    rsync -va /FreeBSD-dir-tree /windows-mount

I have tried -O -no-p  without success.

I'm guessing this is a problem mapping the filesystem semantics from
FreeBSD to SMB so that rsync always thinks the files on the
destination SMB share are out of date, but I cannot seem to find the
right magic to overcome this.

Ideas?  (And TIA),
Tim Daneliuk     tundra@tundraware.com