Date:      Sun, 9 Aug 1998 10:03:55 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        "Adam W. Hawks" <root@hawks.caro.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Serial PPP networking (was: com port question.)

(-questions added again)
On Saturday,  8 August 1998 at 11:40:53 -0400, Adam W. Hawks wrote:
> Maybe I should have been clearer on what I was asking.
>
> win95 -> freebsd -> modem

Yes, it would have been nice if you had kept some of the context, too.
It's difficult to recall what this was all about, but I suppose I can
remember based on the next paragraph.

> I would like to use Crosstalk on win95 machine to access modem on freebsd
> machine.

What's Crosstalk?

> Is their a way to connect (in freebsd) the 2 com ports so that when
> Crosstalk talks to com2 on win95 which is connected to com3 on
> freebsd that it will dial the modem and connect to BBS using
> freebsd's modem?

It all depends on what Crosstalk is.  I assume it's not an IP
protocol, in which case the answer is "yes, but you're going to have
to write a passthrough program yourself".

Greg