Date:      Sat, 20 Aug 2011 01:15:31 +0900
From:      Kazuya Goda <gockzy@gmail.com>
To:        soc-status@freebsd.org
Subject:   [status report] RPS/RFS #week12

Hi,

The project goal is to implement RPS/RFS on FreeBSD. RPS solves the problem of
mono-queue NIC which can't distribute packets across multiple processors. RFS is
the extension of RPS, which deliver packets to the CPU where
application running.

This week status:

Performance does not improve, so I investigate RPS bottlenecks.
The results of survey showed this is caused by "lock competition".
Multi queue NIC has the same tendency as this.
I may have to improve protocol stack with lock-free for performance improvement.

--Kazuya Goda