Date:      Wed, 4 Dec 2013 12:53:20 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: BIND segway -> python -> first-class ports

On 4 Dec 2013, at 12:41, Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org> wrote:
> So yes, let's get python in base, but *not make it user visible*. We =
need to only make it visible for internal use of our "src base".

This would still be problematic for, say hypothetical Python bindings to =
BIND (I have no idea if they exist but let's assume they do).

Either the bindings are hidden, in which case only 'base' can use them =
which makes them pointless, or they would need to be an external port =
(but they which Python would they use? ergh..)

This is like the problem with Open Office having its own Python - unless =
you run that binary you can't safely use the bindings which renders them =
almost useless.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum