Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 1999 02:13:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      matt <matt@AIC-GW.MLINK.NET>
To:        "Art Neilson, KH7PZ" <art@hawaii.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xntpd

Do what I did.. edit /etc/syslog.conf and add the following:

!xntpd
*.*				/var/log/xntpd

then do "touch /var/log/xntpd"
then killall -HUP syslogd

Matt

On Sat, 26 Jun 1999, Art Neilson, KH7PZ wrote:

: How can I get xntpd to log it's activity?  My ntp.conf looks like so this.
:
: server ntp.hawaii.edu prefer
: peer 192.168.0.2
: driftfile /etc/ntp.drift
: enable monitor
: statsdir /var/ntp
: statistics peerstats
:
: I have a Win95 box connected to my FreeBSD gateway via 100Mb ether and
: want the Win95 box to sync to the FreeBSD box and the FreeBSD box to
: sync to the local university's time server.  The Win95 box is syncing
: just fine, however I can't tell what the FreeBSD box is doing.  I am
: not getting any logging and I want to see that it is indeed talking
: to the universities time server and is adjusting the clock accordingly.
: Can anyone tell me how I can achieve this?
:
:
:
:    __
:   /  )    _/_  It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data.
:  /--/ __  /    Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories,
: /  (_/ (_<__   Instead of theories to suit facts.
:                      -- Sherlock Holmes, "A Scandal in Bohemia"
: Arthur W. Neilson III, KH7PZ
: Bank of Hawaii Tech Support
: art@hawaii.rr.com
:
:
:
: with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message
:
:

--
matt@AIC-GW.MLINK.NET