Date:      Sat, 21 Aug 1999 00:16:37 +0300
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        Chris Malayter <mustang@TeraHertz.Net>
Cc:        jay d <service_account@yahoo.com>, "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:(2) multiple machines in the same network

Thanks for all the answers they have very valuable information
but also  I need documentation about how I can do the things
you are suggesting to me. I did not do this kind of thing before
so I am not an expert at this so far.

well, I have a cisco catalyst switch here, I am able to define static
mac addresses. would it be enough for not letting people sniff
passwords?

also where can I find information about mac addresses?

I wonder what would happen if I enable security features on my switch
and
define static MAC entries for ports and I have 2 machines with the same
ip address ?

and other security related stuff about what I am trying to do here?
is there any web addresses you may suggest?

Evren