Date:      Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:06:42 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Lord Raiden <me@raiden.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with man

On 2005-03-29 19:55, Lord Raiden <me@raiden.net> wrote:

> >After updating everything to its latest version, did you remember to
> >mergemaster to update your /etc files?
>
> Nope, didn't think to do it because I've never had to do it before.
> This would be a first.  But I did run it and it errored out when I
> tried it and got this error.  Any ideas?
>
> install -o root -g wheel -m 644  /usr/src/etc/sendmail/freebsd.mc
> freebsd.cf /var/tmp/temproot/etc/mail
> install: freebsd.cf: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 71
>
> Stop in /usr/src/etc/sendmail.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src/etc.
>
>   *** FATAL ERROR: Cannot 'cd' to /usr/src/etc and install files to
>       the temproot environment

Ignore that.  mergemaster is not your problem if you only updated the
ports.  Sorry for the misguided attempt at helping, but when you said
"everything" I incorrectly assumed the base system.

> I cvsup'ed my ports tree and src files, but I didn't update my kernel
> or core files, only my ports.  Might that cause a problem?

Not really.

I don't know what you updated and how, so can you please give us more
details.  Then we'll probably be able to help you with the /etc files
that seem to have problems.