Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 1998 08:56:36 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs Linux

Jim C. Joseph writes:

> I would agree with some points. FreeBSD is a real server OS. I have mine
> running NFS, NIS, SMBD, and as an internet router. It handles pretty well.
> That is why my Sparc is there for only photoshop. But to be fair, Solaris
> on an Ultra could put both of these in the trash(That is assuming you have
> $15000 lying around ;).

Has anyone seen the $3k Sun Ultra 5 currently being advertised?
We have a number of Ultra-1's at work, and one dual CPU Ultra something.
Haven't felt the need to benchmark 'em against my FreeBSD P-133 other
than observing that I'm happy to keep a task on the P-133 as long as I
can before it has to be moved to its final resting place on the Sparc.