Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:50:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/30838: wrap in <command> the only instance of ipfw that isn't marked up like this in dialup-firewall article

The following reply was made to PR docs/30838; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To: Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:46:14 -0700

 --wULyF7TL5taEdwHz

 On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 11:33:39AM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
 >  	  <para>This merely means that the maximum logging count for the
 >  	    rule has been reached.  The rule itself is still working,
 >  	    but it will no longer log until such time as you reset the
 > -	    logging counters.  This can be done by simply prefixing the
 > +	    logging counters.  This can be done by simply prefixing
  option.</para>
 >          </answer>

   This sentence doesn't make any sense to me.  The correct answer to
 the question is to run the ipfw command with the 'resetlog'
 argument, but that is a very confusing way to describe it.  Also, we
 should probably mention the bumping up of the log limit in the kernel
 configuration that is discussed earlier in this article.  I agree that
 we should add the markup to the ipfw command, but it doesn't do much
 good if the sentence doesn't make sense in the first place.  How about
 this :=20

 "You can reset the logging counters with the <command>ipfw
 resetlog</command> command.  Alternatively, you may increase the log
 limit in your kernel configuration file by increasing the
 <option>IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT</option> option."

 Sound good?

       - Murray
 --wULyF7TL5taEdwHz

 --wULyF7TL5taEdwHz--