Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:18:29 +1100
From:      Rob B <rbyrnes@ozemail.com.au>
To:        naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compaq CPML and ports

At 02:05 22/01/2003, Christian Weisgerber sent this up the stick:
> > I understand that one uses the switch -lcpml to link a file using Compaq'c
> > CPML, but is it sufficient to pass this as an option to make(1)?
>
>You don't understand.  "-lcpml" refers to the linker command line,
>where you would substitute it for "-lm".

OK ... so how the heck do I use the compiler/math library then?

There was a discussion back in July last year about linking apps such as
lame, vorbis and xmms with cpml, and all the info I have been able to glean
is "use -lcpml".  So where do I stick the -lcpml switch?

cheers,
rob

--
Friends don't let friends drink Light Beer.

This is random quote 538 of a collection of 1273

Distance from the centre of the brewing universe:
[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian

Public Key fingerprint = 6219 33BD A37B 368D 29F5  19FB 945D C4D7 1F66 D9C5