Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:12:54 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Brian McGovern <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Altering dynamic loader from within application...

Brian McGovern <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com> types:
> Therefore, is there a way to change the linker behavior once the application
> has started?... Namely, the equivelent of setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH _after_ the
> application has loaded all of the initial libraries and started running, but
> before I get around to calling my loader?

This may be a stupid suggestion, but I've never tried such a thing.  I
do wonder about it myself and you can test it easier than I can.

What happens if just use the setenv(3) call to change the environment?
Does that work, or is it to late for the environment to have an
effect?

	<mike
Independent WWW/Unix/FreeBSD consultant,	email for more information.