Date:      Sun, 3 Oct 2004 11:18:28 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        Peter Ryan <pryan@singnet.com.sg>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JBoss ports in use - tomcat

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 08:40:49PM +0800, Peter Ryan wrote:
> I am running 4.10R and have installed JBoss3.2.5.
> I also installed Tomcat5
>
> When i boot the machine and try to startup JBoss it
> reports ports in use.  I have to run the shutdown script
> first, and then the startup script works fine.
>
> I notice when I boot up that three packages appear
> to start under 'local package initialisation'. These
> are Tomcat4, Tomcat5, and JBoss3starting.
>
> I did not install Tomcat4 - i think this might have come
> from the JBoss installation.

JBoss-3.2.5 comes with Tomcat-5. If you have manually installed
Tomcat-5 and or Tomcat-4, I suggest that you deinstall those ports.
It would seem that your configuration for Tomcat4/5 are using
listener ports that are conflicting with the JBoss-3.2.5's Tomcat setup.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
    The Internet: an empirical test of the idea that a million monkeys