Date:      Thu, 24 May 2001 22:10:26 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
To:        Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD - Windows '98 performance

Have you tried changing the value of net.inet.tcp.delayed_ack? I've seen
this elsewhere recommended as a way to improve performance.

Drew Tomlinson wrote:

> I'm having the same problem using Sharity Light and have thus, been watching
> this thread.
>
> My Win2K box has a NetGear 100mbps card and my FSBD 4.3 is using an the
> integrated 100mbps card in my HP E60 NetServer.  The HP card is seen as
> fxp0: <Intel Pro 10/100B/100+ Ethernet> on boot up.

I could be wrong, but if memory serves, I believe there is a problem
with certain variants of the fxp cards - specifically the integrated
versions. I don't remember details, but I suggest you search -hackers,
as I believe that is where I saw the information.

-Bill