Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:33:44 -0700
From:      "fbsdq" <fbsdq@kuyarov.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   fbsd box as router AND natd

Hello,
    I was wondering if this is possible and how to do it.  I just got a t1
installed with limited IP's.  I want my FreeBSD box to act as a router to
all those office pc's with my limited public IP's, and when I run out of
those I want it to also act as a natd box to my 10.x.x.x ip addresses.  Do I
need three nics to get this done? One for outside interface, one for public
ip inside interface [router], and a third one for inside public ip interface
[natd]?  I know how to do natd, but for it to act as a router what do I need
in /etc/rc.conf, will just gateway_enable=YES do? or do I need to run
routed?