Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:36:47 -0800
From:      Tabor Kelly <tkelly-freebsd-questions@taborandtashell.net>
To:        Michael Madden <madden@cmsrtp.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: C Language Style Guide

Michael Madden wrote:
> Is there an accepted standard C language style guide.  I'm starting to develop
> and test my applications on FreeBSD, and I want to ensure my code is readable
> and maintainable.  I've been able to find specific project's guidelines like
> the following, but I can find a general standard.  Does ANSI or POSIX dictate
> anything about style or coding standards?
>
> Apache: http://httpd.apache.org/dev/styleguide.html
> GNU: http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr> pointed out that their is a
  FreeBSD style guide. There is also a GNU style guide,
(http://www.nongnu.org/style-guide/) but the GNU people point out that
what is more important than following their guide, it maintaining
consistency within 1 project/product.

--

Tabor Kelly
tkelly-freebsd-questions@taborandtashell.net