Date:      Mon, 04 Jul 2011 20:05:03 -0500
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@missouri.edu>
To:        jhell <jhell@DataIX.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-current@freebsd.org" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Problems with cvsup on FreeBSD 9, AMD64, osreldate: 900038

On 07/03/2011 03:51 PM, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
> On 07/02/2011 10:25 PM, jhell wrote:
>
>> Use csup(1) in base. This is in 7, 8&   9. cvsup has been deprecated for
>> much longer than it really needed to be and should probably be removed
>> from use as a client entirely and links generated for installation of
>> cvsup ->   csup.
>>
>> Only drawback for you may be no X interface but it really was not that
>> pretty in the first place and served no real good purpose over the
>> functionality of the command line client.
>
> Another drawback to csup is that csup doesn't seem to recognize the
> .cvsup/auth file.  At least not on FreeBSD 7 of a few months ago.
>
> I run CTM generation, and I need access to cvsup-master.

My mistake.  I found that in FreeBSD-CURRENT that csup does recognize
.csup/auth.  Any timetable on when this will by MFCed to FreeBSD 7 and 8?

Incidentally, csup needs the following diff applied, so that I can
continue to use "FreeBSD" in my auth file:
195c195
< 		if (strcmp(auth->server, server) != 0)
---
 > 		if (strcasecmp(auth->server, server) != 0)

I'll file a PR.