Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:49:26 +0000
From:      Peter McGarvey <pmcgarvey@vianetworks.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SMBFS problems

Anyone got smbfs working?

If so, care to give me a few pointers?

I've got to a point where root can mount smb shares, and it all seems to
work.  But when I'm not root I get permission denied errors when I try to
access the mount.

Trying to run the smb stuff as non-root I get:

"can not setup kernel iconv table (default:tolower): syserr = Operation
not permitted"

To make matters worse mount_smbfs(8) points me to nsmb(8) which does not
exist.

TIA

--
TTFN, FNORD