Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:08:43 -0800
From:      Bill Campbell <freebsd@celestial.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Spam on the list

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006, Peter Thoenen wrote:
>Lately I have noticed a massive increase in SPAM on various FBSD lists.
> Do we not have some sort of filter?

True enough.

It would probably help a lot if the list owner installed the spamassassin
plugin in their Mailman.  We're using this on several technical mailing
lists we host, and it has done a great job of limiting the quantity of spam
that makes it through to the lists.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.

Democracy must be sometihng more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what
to have for dinner -- James Bovard