Date:      Sat, 12 Dec 1998 00:21:47 -0700
From:      "Dragon Knight" <dragonknight@dtgnet.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Cheap Displays? (Was: Support for AGP video cards??)

>>Fellow FreeBSD lovers and Winblows haters,
>>
>>    I have a AGP S3 4Meg Video Card, will FreeBSD support this?  I was
>>    reading a description of FreeBSD somewhere, it mentioned support
>>    for all ports (ISA,EISA,PCI,etc) but didnt mention AGP anywhere.
>>    Will I encounter problems if using this card??
>
>Look on http://www.xfree86.org/ for the answer tothis question.
>
>Advanced video card function for bitmapped diplays is the realm of X
>windows. FreeBSD supports VGA compatible adapters for the purpose of text
>based interface.

Speaking of a text-based interface is there anywhere out there a person
could pick up a two-color display, black/green, black/orange, whatever that
is quite sizeable.  ~20 inches or greater? CRT would be great, a flat-panel
display would be even better.  Assuming they would be somewhat inexpensive
(2 colors) a person could mount 1 or 2 at the foot of their bed  :)

Thanks,
Samuel Greear