Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 1996 14:09:14 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        khetan@chain.iafrica.com (Khetan Gajjar)
Cc:        mark@grondar.za, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems

> I am verry sorry to bother you again, but I am having a very slow
> connection to the net. In Win95, it's blistering fast. In BSD, it's dog slow.

Disable TCP extensions.

It is well known thet the PPP compression relies on the lack of a
values range delta to determine compressability.

With RFC 1323 enabled, the BSD code causes part of the header area
which is compared to be modified (specifically, a generation number,
if my memory is correct).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---