Date:      Thu, 4 Aug 2011 22:35:50 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Bernhard Froehlich <decke@bluelife.at>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD in the Oracle Knowledge base (Oracle VM)

On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 11:23:24 +0200 Bernhard Froehlich
<decke@bluelife.at> wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 22:19:22 +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > today I stumbled upon the possibility to chose FreeBSD as a filter
> > in the Oracle Support pages. I searched a little bit and found the
> > reason. It seems Oracle has answers to questions about FreeBSD and
> > virtualbox.
> >
> > I thought this may be interesting to someone here. In case someone
> > knows a little bit more about the level of support Oracle gives
> > regarding this, I would be interested to hear more about it.
>
> That's interesting. Could you share that link?

Not really. The Oracle support website is not that great in this
regard (I liked sunsolve more, but hey, at Oracle it's the money
which counts, not the poor admin which has to do some work). IIRC I've
seen there some values for loader.conf. I do not know if you need to
have a real support contract for something to see it or not, so far I
always accessed the site with an account which has a support contract
attached (normally you should be able to register for free, but you do
not have access to everything).

I didn't had time at work to dig deeper into this.

Bye,
Alexander.