Date:      Tue, 15 Jul 1997 08:48:01 -0400
From:      Jim Carroll <jim@carroll.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   make boot.flp Explodes

I have been having trouble now for 5 days trying to get the stock
boot.flp make file to compile under FreeBSD 2.2.1 with absolutely no
luck.

I have reinstalled the OS from scratch on a clean hard drive, but each
time I try the make, I get the same error.  Here is the sequence of
events I perform, and the error message:

cd /usr/src/release
make boot.flp

( cd /R/stage/trees/bin/dev && ls console tty ttyv0 ttyv1 ttyv2 ttyv3
null zero *[swo]d* cuaa[01] cuaa[23] fd[01] rfd[01] cd0a mcd0a scd0a
matcd0a wcd0c rst0 rft0 rwt0 | cpio -dump /R/stage/mfsfd/dev )
cd: can't cd to /R/stage/trees/bin/dev
*** Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop

I have been pulling my hair out on this one.  I would be grateful to
anyone who can point me in the correct direction.  Both I (and my
hairline) thank-you.

---
Jim C., President       | C A R R O L L - N E T, Inc.
201-488-1332 voice      | New Jersey's Premier Internet Service Provider
201-487-5717 dialup     |
http://www.carroll.com  | Ask about our Business Messaging Services