Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:05:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        mortml@earthlink.net (Michael Lee Mort)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing and setting FreeBSD

> I went through the intalltion instuction and I am still unable to run BSD the instuction are a little to disired as in it is not helpfull at all and as far as i can tell FreeBSD still stinks unless i can get some serious help in getting it fully setup
>
> Im trying to set it up on a Dell Inspiron 8000 with standard hardware except the modem i upgraded and it from dell and it is a combo card ethernet/ 56k modem and the conflicts on it are crazy i can resovle and the same with the pc cards.
>
> I know that im very new to the hole BSD thing but there should be more help avalibale for people like me

Outside of having language trouble with the documentation, you haven't
said anything about what you have tried and where you got stuck.  No one
will be able to help you without more information from you.    Generally
you can resolve the kernel conflicts by deleting the conflicting devices.
If you are using only pci card stuff, you will not need those other devices.
But, again, you have not given enough information to tell what you have
and what problem[s] you are having.

There are some translations of the documentation in to other languages.
You might want to check on those and then get more specific about
what problem you are having.

////jerry