Date:      Thu, 2 May 2013 10:43:25 -0700
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Initial NFS Test: Linux vs FreeBSD (769% slower)

On 2013-05-01, at 18:29 , Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca> wrote:

>>=20
> Oh, one more mount option you could try is "nocto". If the app. is
> repeatedly closing/opening the file, that might explain the repeated
> "write 1 byte; read some of the file"?

cto vs nocto made no difference =85 but, am doing some compares between =
oldnfs and nfs =85 it looks like oldnfs cuts off about 60s from the =
start time, but want to do a few runs =85

Of note, I reformatted the Linux box with OpenBSD (god, what a nightmare =
its ports system is) and OpenBSD startup times are ~180s =85 I'd like to =
know what Linux is doing to get 'near local drive' start up times =
though, and what risk is associated with it =85=20