Date:      Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:58:14 -0500
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache-2.0+PHP5 does not like MySQL-5.x ...

After a long process of figuring out what went wrong, httpd was using a
ton of resources when it received a HUP signal (log rotation at
midnight).  Subsequently, php -v was dumping core.... things pointed to
mysqli.so.

Long story short, I downgraded to mysql-4.10, recompiled php5 and
dependencies and walla, no more problems.

Though I didn't specifically figure out the problem, I'm pretty sure
it's MySQL related as that was the only thing that was changed on this
system (apart from recompiling dependencies to support the new API).

I wonder if someone has run across this and if so, have you found a bug
or a solution.

Thanks.