Date:      23 Sep 2002 15:56:02 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   kdump parser (for checking installed files)

I wrote this tcl program to parse kdump output and produce a list of
created and removed files.

http://www.gsoft.com.au/~doconnor/parse-kdump.tcl

Note that it works on SUID and statically linked files (the former only
works if you are root, but I don't anticipate this to be a problem).

It IS slow as hell, but hey, it does seem to work :)

Also, if you run ktrace on linux binaries you had better run linux_kdump
otherwise you'll get some odd results :)

(This is a bit of a problem because if you are tracing descendants then
you have no way of knowing which one is a linux proc.. ):

PS please CC me as I'm not on this list.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5