Date:      Mon, 05 Dec 2005 01:20:06 +0800
From:      "ke.han" <ke.han@redstarling.com>
To:        FreeBSD Q ML <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   how to track 6.0 increments ?

I have installed 6.0 and would like to follow important changes before
something labeled 6.1 comes out.
What is the prescribed method for this?

I don't want to follow current or stable (I don't think).  I just want
security fixes and other changes that might be termed 6.01 if there were
such a thing.

To add to the question, while playing with my system, I did:

cvsup -L 2 -h cvsup.FreeBSD.org /usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile
...and then later...
cvsup -L 2 -h cvsup.FreeBSD.org /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile

I have not recompiled the kernel or anything.  Just sync'd the source.

So, how do I get things back to the 6.0 install source?  and how do I
track things from this point?  I have read all the handbook has to
offer.  Unfortunately, it is mostly general information.  I need a
simple clear recipe.

thanks, ke han