Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 2003 12:13:51 -0800
From:      michaew@uci.edu
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installation Problem

Hi.  I'm trying to install release 5.0 on an i386 system with a P100
processor with native windows 95 on the hard disk. I have 16mb ram and a
1.2GB IDE Wester Digital Caviar.  Because the computer does not support
CD booting and I have not been able to find a way to change boot order
in the bios, I created boot disks as described in the install.txt.   The
kernel and the mfsroot load fine, but when it boots the kernel it
freezes on the line "Mounting root from ufs:dev/md0/stand/sysinstall
running as init on vty0."  It is detecting my cd-rom drive, which is a
secondary slave.  Any help would be appreciated.   Thanks.