Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 1995 13:58:21 -0500
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com, guido@gvr.win.tue.nl, rgrimes@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DELL P90 systems with FreeBSD?

>  Do you know if Dell has a P90 system that works with FreeBSD?
>  I heart from someone that Dell Dimension XPS P90 with Plato
>  should work, but has some problems when you have more then
>  16 MB of RAM.
>  I also heart something about the Omniplex.
>  I want to have 32 mb ram, and a NCR 810 SCSI adapter. If so,
>  what type?
>  (I am working for a company that has it's preferred brands...pfft)

we have a Dell XPS P90 that runs FreeBSD. for some reason it won't
run the vat driver that runs fine on an Intel motherboard (a port/IRQ/DMA
conflict? I have not figured it out).

We tried hard to get a IDSN and video capture into a Dell XPS 90
to run some DOS conferencing software and the Dell would not take
the cards even with only the motherboard and video card in the machine
(again could this be a port/IRQ/DMA conflict).

I am not as happy with Dell computers as before these problems began.

--mark.