Date:      Thu, 2 Nov 2000 09:12:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      <keith@mail.telestream.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IBM ThinkPad Dead

I've just attempted an install of 4.0 onto a IBM ThinkPad A20. After what
seemed like a perfect install it refuses to boot or even be able to get to
the bios. I looked in the archives and found a few people with the exact
same issue varying in ways to attempt to get it to work on replys to the
messages. It seems the ThinkPad does not like the partition/filesystem
of FreeBSD. Is there a method whereby I can get this thing to run FreeBSD
that is tried and true? I fought with the IT guys here to be able to
install FreeBSD on this thing and would hate to have to cower back to them
to as for the Linux install disks they insisted on. which I read is
supported as something that won't freak the thing out.

Thanks.

Keith

Keith W.
At the helm <for better or worse>