Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2001 22:12:53 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Butch Evans <butch@sheltonbbs.com>
To:        Freebsd-ISP <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   sendmail question

I have a FreeBSD box at home that is running fetchmail delivering to
sendmail (version 8.9.3).  I am getting the following error in my
logs and would like to turn off this behavior:

reject=501 5.1.8 <hardman@huahmail.com>... Sender domain must exist

I know why it is in the .cf, but I am the only user on this box, and
am running procmail to filter the mail, so don't need sendmail to do
it for me.  I found the following 2 lines in the
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf that I think I can delete (comment), but not
very versed in sendmail.

R<PERM> $* $#error $@ 5.1.8 $: "501 Sender domain must exist"

They are not together in the sendmail.cf file.  Can I just comment
these lines and not break sendmail?  Will this fix this issue?

--
Butch Evans
http://www.ChristInVerse.com/