Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 19:11:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mark Kent <mark@noc.mainstreet.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sony F430 sound ? (everything else working) (Re: (long) multiple queries about 4.0 on Sony 505HS)

>> Remember in "The Matrix" towards the end of the film where 'Neo'
>> and 'Trinity' enter the building with massive firepower and destroy
>> everything? That's what it is going to take to extract Yamaha
>> documentation, from what Cameron says.

This, I believe, was in reference to the Yamaha DS-XG (YMF744).

*Someone* got the documentation since it appears here:

http://www.opensound.com/freebsd.html

Can anyone comment on this statement by opensound:

UPDATE: FreeBSD 4.0 support withdrawn.
 FreeBSD-4.0-20000317-STABLE Snapshot is actually a 3.4 kernel
 release. Support for 4.0 is indefinitely on HOLD.  It requires a
 complete rewrite of the lowlevel routines.

Does it indicate a good grasp of freebsd innards?

It looks like it would cost only $30 :-(

-mark