Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 13:38:03 +0100
From:      "Barry Byrne" <bb@wbtsystems.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Neigaard?= <neigaard@e-box.dk>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: ftp server - again

Soren:

ftpd is usually started from inetd. Check the file /etc/inetd.conf and
ensure the entry for ftp is not commented out. There should be a line
similar to:

	ftp    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/ftpd       ftpd -l

For further options try 'man ftpd' and man inetd.

Cheers,

Barry

--
Barry Byrne, IT Manager,