Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 2000 20:46:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      moritz <morix@freenet.nether.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   routing with ipfw

hello,

i want to make my freebsd machine route packets from my lan to the
internet. i think it is ok to use ipfw and its easy to use, but every kind
of documentation says i should work with the routing table and all that
stff. i am a bit confused. what are the differences? do i have a wrong
image of what a router is? please explain? and what is the best solution
for my problem?

thank you in advance.

moritz