Date:      Wed, 03 Oct 2007 09:57:42 -0700
From:      LI Xin <delphij@delphij.net>
To:        Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cannot ssh from jail

--------------enigB60E07C58255E25561DAFAC4

Tom Evans wrote:
> Hi stable@, jail@ [jail@ plz cc me as I'm not subscribed]
>=20
> I'm having some problems setting up some jails for semi-isolated
> development (ie, so we can isolate the developers into a jail, give the=
> all the root access they want, and not worry about them blowing up more=

> than their own jail) on 6.2-RELEASE-p5.
>=20
> I have set up a jail, using ezjail, which appeared to work fine. I can
> start the jail, and use jexec to spawn a shell inside the jail. However=
,
> if I then try to ssh from the jail to another box, ssh fails with the
> error message (with -v):

I think the problem is that if you jexec into a jail then you don't have
a TTY at hand, so bad things would happen.  If you login into the jail
by some ways (e.g. by ssh or telnet or whatever that spawns a TTY for
you) then it would work I bet.

Cheers,
--=20
Xin LI <delphij@delphij.net>	http://www.delphij.net/