Date:      Mon, 07 Dec 1998 18:04:51 +1100
From:      Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Xfree86, xlock & DPMS screen blank

Howdy,

I'm trying to work out the correct incantation to get DPMS Powersaving
happening under XFree86 3.3.3 & 3.0-Current.

In my XF86Config file I've added
	Option       "power_saver"
	BlankTime       1
	SuspendTime     20
	OffTime         30
to the 'Section "Screen"' but it doesn't appear to ever blank and xlock
-dpmsstandby option doesn't seem to do anything.

Is there something I need to do with the vt console as well?

[Card is Matrox G200-AGP, monitor is HP 1280 multisync but in the XF86Config
file as "Unknown".]

[Pls CC any reply as I am not yet subscribed to this list!]

Greg.