Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:21:23 +0200
From:      "Cyrille Lefevre" <clefevre-lists@9online.fr>
To:        <freebsd-standards@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Albert Cahalan <albert@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject:   ps enhencements (posix syntax, and more)

I've finished to cleanup my code and to merge recent changes made by
Garance. I've get rid of my -X feature for now, and replaced it with -q
(posix mode) and -Q (sunos/tru64 compat mode, aka the return of -g which
means -a w/o process group leaders, and sizes displayed in KGM format).

A detailled description of what I've made may be found here :

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin/65803

some enhancements requires a provided kernel path (cursig, systime,
umask and usertime keywords).

Of course, I don't expect all of my changes be accepted as-is, however,
I hope we will talk about what could be accepted or not, but, please,
don't reject all the code for any bad reason and don't be too close.

the next step would have to merge NetBSD/OpenBSD full dynamic sizing
of fields (to get rid of our current static sizing of most of the fields) as
well
as to integrate the NetBSD -k keyword.

PS : Garance, I've integrated most of your code, except addelem_* and
    *_list functions. not that I like them or now, but I think that if we merge
    our code, ps will grow too mutch (you have many functions, where I have
    only one -- parselist). however, if you wish to preserve your logic, I could
    get a try, just to see, but not before the next week. also, I get rid of
    xkeep_implied which isn't necessary.

Cyrille Lefevre.
--
home: mailto:cyrille.lefevre@laposte.net