Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:53:09 +0200
From:      Ertan Kucukoglu <ertank@ozlerplastik.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Firewall and ftp

Hello,

I want to use ftp client and ftp server behind a firewall.

I tried to open ports 20 and 21 but, couldn't manage to use it. People can
connect, give their passwords, but when they try to ls or get some file or
something that my machine should send data to them it hangs there.

Which ports should be opened for proper ftp usage?

I'm using ipfw, system is FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE. Internet NIC is called fxp1 on
my machine. Also there is fxp0 for my LAN. ftp server is FreeBSD ftp server.

Regards,

--
Ertan Kucukoglu
ertank@ozlerplastik.com