Date:      Tue, 29 Mar 2005 04:30:49 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.3 SMP freezes with MySQL 4.1

On Mar 29, 2005, at 1:17 AM, ~{@nRc8U~} wrote:

> I have a dell pe2650 box with dual xeon 2.4G, disabled the HTT,
> installed 5.3-RELEASE, enabled SMP, mysql 4.1.10a built from
> the port.

I am observing similar problems with high load (not necessarily high
number of connections) with 5.4-PRERELEASE from March 22 on a Tyan K8SR
motherboard dual Opteron system running PostgreSQL 8.

I am not ready to rule out hardware problem, though, as I have had a
fair number of ethernet port timout+reset reported by the kernel.  I
shall try disabling SMP to see what happens.  It is times like these I
wish there was an equivalent to the Dell diagnostics suite for other
machines :-(  If only Dell would sell Opteron!