Date:      Sat, 21 Mar 1998 16:05:54 +0900 (JST)
From:      Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        phk@critter.freebsd.dk, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4 WILLRELE's to bite the dust

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Terry Lambert wrote:

> You probably want to get:
>
> 	http://www.freebsd.org/~terry/testset.txt
> 	http://www.freebsd.org/~terry/testset.tar.gz.uu
>
> Which is a test toolkit that knows how to detect kernel memory
> leaks over a series of system calls used to exercise various
> code paths.
>
> The sample implementation looks for namei() path buffer leaks; I
> used it to verify the nameifree() code before I submitted it the
> first time.

I'll take a look.  It's an interesting coincidence that most of the
WILLRELE violations were in the name creation and name management vops.
Just about every place I corrected a vrele/vput was a also a nameifree()
screaming to be moved/corrected too.

I've done the dvp's for 5 name creation ops, vop_create, vop_mkdir,
vop_symlink, vop_link, and vop_mknod; and 1 of 3 name modification ops,
vop_rmdir.  I think I'll press on and do the other 2, and vop_remove and
vop_rename.

Regards,

Mike Hancock