Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 2002 22:48:35 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
Cc:        casey@caseytech.com, caseman321@yahoo.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel - Error Code 1

On 2002-11-24 17:52, Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Nov 2002 08:42:50 -0800 (PST)
> Casey Luttrull <caseman321@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > umass.o(.text+0x1999): undefined reference to `xpt_done'
> > *** Error code 1
>
> The error is caused by having umass but no scsi...
>
> device		umass		# Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da
>
> umass requires the scbus and da scsi drivers, which you commented on
> your kernel config. Enable them and it should work fine.

Add "pass" (Pass through) to the list of required devices too.

: keramida@gothmog:/home/keramida> grep scbus /usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES
: device          scbus           #base SCSI code
:				  # needs CAM to be present (scbus & pass)

This is a relatively "hidden" dependency of umass too.  I recall
discussing this on IRC with someone a few days back :)